This Section provides access to an Online database of:
• The best educational Videogames and mobile apps available on the market
• The most suitable Videogames and Apps that, even if not specifically designed for educational purpose, can be used as teaching or learning tools with students
Videogames and apps are categorized, analyzed and assessed in order to provide the teachers with all the necessary information and hints to make full use of the Videogames and Apps in teaching contexts.
Kaunas University of Technology
Image source: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/intellijoy-kids-academy/id1297218121?mt=8
Name of the videogame/app
Name of the producer
How to find it
To be Purchased
Main technical requirements
Windows, Ios, Android
Native Virtual Reality Support
Use in Educational contexts
Degree of required tutoring
Autonomous use by students
Math, Languages, Arts and Music
"For easy young learner’s transition into kindergarten and first grade by joining virtual expedition made up of over 900 fun, engaging activities. It feels like play, but Intellijoy Kids Academy develops child confident and makes ready to begin school on the right foot. This apps is a holistic, step-by-step kindergarten and 1st grade preparation program."
Intellijoy’s games are played almost 10 million times each month and they earned the top spots in the Education category.
- graphics and features created strictly for educational purpose (no 3D, because "preschoolers are naturally curious and do not need to be tricked into learning with extra effects");
- no banner ads;
- each game is dedicated to one specific part of preschool curriculum. "Kids get to focus and master a given skill before moving on to the next one. This gives preschoolers a sense of accomplishment and motivates them to keep learning."
• Preschool (Age 3+)
• Pre – K (Age 4+)
• Kindergarten (Age 5+)*
Literacy, Math, Art & Music, World Around Us
More information: http://www.intellijoy.com/games
Learning Object / Suggested activities with students
Apps used as leisure time game, to calm down or focus the child on one spot. Games are engaged and educative. Good preparation before school or in 1st grade to develop English language, mathematics and other skills.
Skills and competences
Skills and competences acquired
Fundamental English language skills (letters and words), a solid foundation of age-appropriate math skills (shapes, numbers, counting and mathematical operations) for successful start in school. Also nurtured creativity skills as an introduction to the visual arts and music through: colors, art expressions, music; and mental map of the world around us through: work, sports, home and animals themes.
• Learning letter names and sounds
• Tracing uppercase & lowercase letters
• Differentiating between uppercase and lowercase letters
• Finding letters inside words
• Arranging the letters in the alphabetical order
• Associating a letter sound with the word that begins with it
• Understanding the difference between vowels and consonants
• Blending sounds into words
• Understanding word families
• Forming simple words from letters
• Forming CVC words
• Reading sight words
• Matching rhyming words
• Learning the names of shapes
• Identifying shapes
• Finding shapes in everyday life
• Forming numbers using puzzle pieces (1-9)
• Learning names of numbers (1-100)
• Tracing numbers (1 - 100)
• Learning the numerical order (1-100)
• Comparing numerals (1-100)
• Counting the total number of objects (1-10)
• Associating a number of objects with a written numeral (1-10)
• Counting by ones (1-100)
• Counting objects arranged in various configurations (1-20)
• Representing addition/subtraction problem with objects (1-10)
• Representing addition/subtraction problem with equations (1-10)
• Solving addition word problems (1-10)
• Solving subtraction word problems (1-10)
Creativity is highly sought after these days. Intellijoy Early Learning Academy nurtures this quality in young learners through an introduction to the visual arts and music.
• Art Expression
World Around Us
Creating, and adding to, a mental map of the world around us is essential for lasting learning. “The World Around Us” helps kids to lay the foundation for lifelong curiosity and mental map making.
apžvalgos vertimas intellijoy (Download